Fitness and Health Information
1) Exercise is the only proven way to make your body biologically younger.
2) Stress has been proven to make people fat and sick. Exercise helps to reduce stress.
3) Sleep deprivation has been proven to make people fat and sick. Exercise helps you sleep.
4) Dehydration has been proven to make people fat and decrease physical performance. Drink water.
5) Excess body fat has been proven to cause many diseases, including cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and joint problems. Exercise burns calories and fat.
6) The best way to lose weight is through a combination of diet control, exercise, relaxation, and sleep, that can be sustained as part of your lifestyle.
7) Weight loss by diet only is difficult and not effective for the long term. Every time you lose body fat, you also lose some lean muscle tissue. Loss of muscle mass lowers the body's metabolism and decreases your strength. Strength training builds up muscle.
8) Old saying: "Diet to lose the weight, exercise to keep it off."
9) People over the age of 50 especially need to keep up their levels of strength and balance in order to reduce the risk of injury from falls later in life.